I grew up just outside Johannesburg until I was 18, when I moved to the UK, where I lived, studied and worked for 12 years. In 2015 I moved ‘home’ to South Africa.
I have an Honours degree in English and Media from the University of Brighton, UK. My specialisms included: linguistics; creative writing; journalism; discourse analysis.
I also have both a certificate (CELTA) and a post-graduate degree (DELTA) in Language Teaching from the University of Cambridge, UK.
My experience includes:
– Language teacher training and development
– English language teaching to first- and second-language teens and adults
- General English
- Business English
- Academic English
- Course and syllabus design
- Materials design and development
- Mentoring and career counselling
– Private English and Afrikaans tutoring to primary and high school pupils
– Content writing for websites and online media portals
If there’s anything else you’d like to know, drop me an email.
Enjoy the site!
– Diane Dowejko